Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Force row validation in listGrid

What would be the proper method to force a ListGrid row to be validated, ignoring whether it has been modified?

Looks like we were surfing on a bug that was recently fixed, where we used ListGrid.validateRow to validate data that was directly inserted into a local dataSource.

The data is valid at the time it was inserted, but is then passed to a listGrid where it needs to be validated (the user will fix the data).

Since the records are neither new or modified, the validators happily skip over them, but I would really need them to trigger anyway.

Thanks!
    --
    Eric

Only user edits are validated, so your code needs to use setEditValue() to make the (possibly invalid) data into user edits. See also the Grid Editing overview for more background.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      Only user edits are validated, so your code needs to use setEditValue() to make the (possibly invalid) data into user edits. See also the Grid Editing overview for more background.
      That's what I was fiddling with originally...

Hmm... if I set the record cell value as undefined, validator detect an editValue of null as a changed value?

Comment

An editValue of null will be treated as a value requiring validation, yes.

Comment

Working...
        X