Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Shibboleth authentication and getting username and roles into SmartClient

Using: SmartClient_v110p_2017-05-15_PowerEdition

My application runs behind an apache+shibboleth+modJK server that authenticates users and proxies the java application. This all works fine, including the ability for apache to pass information about the authenticated user through modJK to tomcat in the form of environment variables. I'm currently passing 2 variables with information for 2 specfic uses:

1. REMOTE_USER is the authenticated user's username that I'd like to use with SmartClient auditing

2. isMemberOf is a colon separated list of groups that the user belongs to which I'd like to use to set the user's role(s) for authorization purposes.

So my 2 related questions are how to get the information from the environment into appropriate SmartClient variables or data structures so I can use SC auditing and authorization functions. I'm new to java server programming so I'll need to be told the obvious like what files/directories to put my code in etc.

Thanks

Take a look at the QuickStart Guide section on Declarative Security - last part explains how you can provide an authenticated user and roles from a custom authentication system like yours.

Comment

Working...
    X