Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartClient LGPL edition: Establishing oracle database connection from smartclient

Using 'SmartClient_v111p_2017-11-01_LGPL' version of SmartClient, I have a table like the one mentioned in 'Live Grid' example. Instead of reading the values/data from xml file, I would like to read it from oracle database(database placed in my network) using sql query. Kindly help me with step-by-step procedure to perform the above operation.

1) How to establish connection to oracle database (with given IP address, port etc): I configured these in server.properties file, but cannot test unless I read it from my code.
    2) How to query for table in oracle database from my JS file? ( say I have query 'SELECT * FROM my_table, I need to Integrate this query in my SmartClient JS file)

Since I have LGPL edition, I do not have tools to set-up database connection from visual builder.

I am sure I will have lot more queries on this. Initiating a thread on this topic and will take this discussion further based on the response.

Thank You.

Hi nmurthy,

see here. With LGPL you are responsible for the whole server-side, so no server.properties etc.
    Perhaps this is something for you, or use Pro/Power. I'm using Power and I'm pretty happy with it.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Thank you Blama. References mentioned in the thread was helpful. I will evaluate and start using Pro/Power edition.

Since I was facing issues with SmartClient trial version package(https://forums.smartclient.com/forum...erver-bat-file), I had to get started with LGPL.

Comment

Working...
      X