Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid horizontal scrolling issue

Hi,

I'm using v11.1p_2017-11-05/LGPL Deployment with Chrome (62.0.3202.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on Mac. One of the customers I've previously done SmartClient work for has reported an issue and I've been diagnosing it but have become stuck. I've made a minimal sample and attached it to this post.

Symptom: Unable to horizontally scroll to end of list grid, attempting to do so causes ListGrid to jump to the left (under some conditions fully left).

Reproduce: run the sample, scroll to the 'Home Address' column and double click to edit. Then try to scroll to the right and notice that scrolling jumps back to left.

Separately, I've suggested that having a form display in-line like this might not be the greatest idea - is there any built-in mechanism to get such a control to work more like a PopUpTextAreaItem (so that the form overlays at the grid cell rather than sitting inside of it)?

Attached Files

You're showing a 300px editor (form) inside a field that's auto-sized to about 80px, and the form is overflowing - but, presently, auto-sizing fields will not auto-size to their editor, only to titles and/or data.

We'll look at whether an enhancement here makes sense - in the meantime, you can fix your issue by just making the address field wide enough for it's editor yourself - just add this to the end of your grid definition:

Code:
        fields: [
            { name: "homeAddress", minWidth: 300 }
        ]
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 10 Nov 2017, 03:33.

Comment

Thanks for that, I've managed to get this to work correctly now!

Comment

Note that we've made a change to better handle this in builds dated November 17 and later - an editor like this will now be clipped horizontally and you can resize the field at runtime to show the entire editor if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
          Note that we've made a change to better handle this in builds dated November 17 and later - an editor like this will now be clipped horizontally and you can resize the field at runtime to show the entire editor if you want to.
          Thanks guys! Will try it.

Comment

Working...
          X