Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Focus issues with latest version of Chrome

SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2017-08-01/LGPL Development Only (built 2017-08-01)
    Browser: Google Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Last October, some of our customers started reporting that several text fields throughout our application were losing focus. One example is when opening a window that contains a dynamic form that's set to auto focus, the cursor initially appears in the text field, then the text field immediately loses focus. Another example is when typing into some text fields that use change listeners, the field will lose focus as the user types. I haven't yet been able to reproduce this issue as a standalone test case.

This doesn't seem to be an issue in Firefox. I believe it is related to the current version of Chrome, 62.0.3202.94. I tried downgrading to the previous version, 61.0.3163.79, and the issue hasn't occurred in that version. Have there been reports from other users concerning field focus issues in the current version of Chrome? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

See this thread. It appears to be a new bug in Chrome's built-in password manager, and we've found a workaround and made it easier to do with the latest patched build.

It would be good if you can confirm that this problem also appears to be related to the password manager, and also that it is Chrome / Linux specific, as appears to be the case for other users.

Comment

It was the password manager. I disabled it for our website and we no longer have the issue. I am a Windows 10 user and my co-worker is a Mac user, so it doesn't look like the issue is platform-dependent. Thank you!

Comment

How did you disable it for your website as you say? In the referenced thread, people appear to be struggling to find a way to do just that.

Comment

First, go to Chrome settings, filter on "manage passwords" and click the Manage passwords option. Under the Saved Passwords list, remove the website you want to disable password management for. Then reload the website, log back in, and when it asks if you want to save your password, click the "Never" button.

Comment

To clarify, I meant that we each disabled the password manager for our website on our individual Chrome instances. I haven't found a way to disable it for all users automatically.

Comment

For me, the issue seemed to be caused by the login dialog's password input. I found that I can get around the issue by running the following code after I call isc.showLoginDialog()

var loginPasswordInput = document.getElementsByName("passwordItem")[0];
              loginPasswordInput.setAttribute("type", "text");
              loginPasswordInput.style.webkitTextSecurity = "disc";

The webkitTextSecurity keeps the password text masked even though it is now a text type input.

Comment

Great! We've cross-posted to the other thread so people are aware of this.

Comment

Working...
                X