Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Chrome: strange flickering effect while overing form items

SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2018-02-06/AllModules Development Only (built 2018-02-06)

Chrome on OSX

Hello, please try this sample https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...relatedRecords

While overing the form items you'll see this effect:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Senza titolo (1).gif
Views:	69
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	251603

We're not reproducing these effects, specifically, we don't see any of the weird partially-drawn glows at all, and there is only one very minor source of flickering - moving between the main box and the dropdown icon. This is with Chrome 64 (latest) on OSX. We suspect you have some kind of browser extension installed which is creating these issues.

Comment

SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2018-02-06/AllModules Development Only (built 2018-02-06)

Hello, I've uninstalled all my extensions (not simply disabled) and the effect remains.

Also, this is the effect with Chrome 64.0.3282.140 (64 bit) on windows 10.0.16299.192, without extension installed (it's also a pretty fresh installed machine):

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartClient™_v11_1p_2018_02_06_Feature.gif
Views:	71
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	251617
      it seems less severe using Edge browser.

Comment

Also, I've tested it with Chrome 63.0.3239.132 (64 bit) on Win 10 and it doesn't exhibit the effect. After updating to Chrome 64.0.3282.140 the effect appeared.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I see the same issue in the sample (v11.1p_2018-02-06) as claudiobosticco using Win10/Chromium 64.0.3282.140. It does not happen for me using FF26/IE11/IE Edge under Win10.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Just a quick note to say we are reproducing this and taking a look.
            We'll follow up here when we have a resolution

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

There are two parts to this issue. There was a minor framework issue where the focused/over styling (with the blue glow) would be cleared and reapplied to the item more often than necessary. This could cause a slight "flicker" on the initial rollover of an item but typically it would be subtle enough to be not intrusive.
              We're fixing that issue (fix will be present in the next nightly build).

This will likely reduce how easily this more intrusive flickering on Chrome occurs.
              However, the bigger problem seems to be a new native bug in the most recent version of Chrome where box-shadows can either be inappropriately shown or hidden (either partially or completely) on elements in some cases. We are looking into exactly what trips this problem and seeing if we can somehow avoid it.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

any update on this one? To me it seems this is solved now, correct? I'm using latest online showcase (v11.1p_2018-04-04) and GC 65.0.3325.181.

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

It is solved as far as we can solve it given Chrome's bug, and from a quick look, it seems as if Chrome has at least partially fixed the bug in 65.

Comment

Working...
                  X