Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Testing SmartClient UI (only JavaScript, no backend)

v10.0p_2015-12-02/Pro Deployment (built 2015-12-02)

Hi there - my team uses the SmartClient front-end JS library, with a .NET back-end. I want to make sure that is known before I ask the question below, as I don't know if that will make a difference or not. The decision to not use the companion Java back-end was made before we were in control of the code base, so that is what we are dealing with now.

We are beginning to investigate getting a continuous release procedure put in place, and I have been given the task of looking into whether or not SmartClient JS is testable with the Selenium framework or not. I know that sounds stupid, as I personally have no experience with Selenium, but I was given the task to reach out and see if this is something that is easy to do with your JS framework.

The reason we are a bit concerned is because of how the SmartClient classes and objects are rendered in HTML. From what we know (which is little, btw) about the Selenium testing framework is that it needs clear-cut ways to access objects in the DOM in order to test them. However, as we have used SmartClient for quite some time, we know that the rendered HTML is quite complex, being that it is all usually wrapped within a lot of HTML tables and the like.

Anything that you could do to point us in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

- Erik

Hello, I think you may start here:
    https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli....usingSelenium

Comment

Thank you kindly, that should be sufficient!

Comment

Working...
      X