Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Have you considered .NET (question to Isomorphic guys)

Hi !

I'm playing a bit with the evaluation of your SmartClient/GWT EE version and I'm quite impressed about quality of your solution.

This is question to Isomorphic guys - have you ever considered porting the SmartServer (EE / server side) to .NET platform ?
    I think this could greatly extend your customer base.

Best regards,
    Peter

We have a tutorial showing a .NET MVC server, open source, with features that are a small but very useful subset of our Java server, here.

We haven't received a lot of inquiries regarding mixing GWT with .NET, despite this great, free starting point. However, using our JavaScript SmartClient framework with .NET is definitely popular.

Comment

Yes, I've seen that tutorial, but I meant really full featured port of your commercial Java version (usually porting Java stuff / frameworks to .NET is not very hard, so you could do this relatively easily).

Mixing GWT client with .NET server is indeed not the best choice, but SmartClient (so the JS version) + such full .NET server would be really great market option.

Additionally, if you base your implementation on the .NET Core / ASP.NET Core (which is multi-platform and becomes increasingly more popular these days), that would really rock!
      Last edited by piotrgal; 21 Jun 2018, 23:51.

Comment

Working...
      X