Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Window or Layout 100% sizing on android autorotation (possible defect)

Simple standalone test: in .../SmartClient_v120p_2018-06-26_LGPL/smartclientSDK/showcase/index.html
    comment out the normal code
    Code:
    /* 
        var featureExplorer = isc.FeatureExplorer.create({
                ID: "featureExplorer",
                width: "100%",
                height: "100%",
                // Overall background color white except for the dark skins
                backgroundColor: (skin == "BlackOps" || skin == "Obsidian" ? "black" : "white"),
                treeData: exampleTree,
                autoDraw: true
            });  
    */
    then paste
    Code:
        var mainLayout = isc.Window.create({
            width: "100%", height: "100%",
            showMinimizeButton: false,  canDrag: false, canDragReposition: false,
            isModal: true,
            items: [
                isc.LayoutSpacer.create({
                    width:"100%", height: "*"
                }),
                isc.Button.create({title: "I'm a foo button"})
            ]
        });

- UI interaction: starting with the application with portrait layout, then switch to landscape layout by rotating the smarphone and so interact with that window without the need of scrolling down (as the height:"100%").
    - what you expected to happen?: switching from portrait to landscape I expect Windows will resize the mainLayout by fitting the entire screen and showing the FooButton in the bottom part of the visible area of the page, without overflowing the screen's height.
    - what I obtain: if the page is loaded directly in landscape mode then the height: "100%" makes its job, even when you switch to portait it correctly resizes/adapts the width and height to the full page' size, but when you switch back again to landscape mode the height doesn't recalculate correctly and you have to scroll down to see the FooButton. (The same even if you load the page in portrait mode and rotate to landscape)
    I tried out to remove width: "100%", height: "100%", but I obtained the same result. The problem persists and is more problematic if you switch from isc.Window to isc.VLayout.

- browser(s) and platform(s): Android8.0-Chrome67 and Android6-Chrome65
    - version: SmartClient_v120p_2018-06-26_LGPL

Working...
X