Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Is canSelectCells:true incompatibility with selectionAppearance:"checkbox" a bug or a feature request?

For my needs, I really want to get as close to MS Excel like functionality (since that what I'm working to migrate users off of) as I can with a ListGrid, so I really need canSelectCells:true to get all the useCopyPasteShortcuts features.

However, I'd also like a GUI for row selection. I thought all I'd need to do is set selectionAppearance:"checkbox", but it's not giving me checkboxes unless canSelectCells:false, so unless I'm missing something, it seems like checkboxes and canSelectCells:true are mutually exclusive?

While I can see some mutex complications, it seems like they could be compatible (as they are in MS Excel). e.g., if I click a cell, then rows are deselected, and if I click a checkbox, cells are deselected. Is this a feature request or a bug report?

Thanks

If you check the developer console you should see a warning like: ignoring selectionAppearance:'checkbox' since canSelectCells is set.

Comment

What would you expect to be selected if a checkbox was selected in canSelectCells mode? The whole row of cells? Something else?

Comment

Thanks, davidj6. I do get that warning, I didn't notice it before you mentioned it because I typically ignore the warnings I see. :rolleyes:

If you click a "row header" in MS Excel, any cells selected are deselected and then the whole row is selected. That seems intuitive to me and matches visually what happens in the normal row selection mechanism.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ms_excel.gif
Views:	28
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	255034

Comment

We're adding this behavior in 12.1.

Regards.
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

This new behavior has been added to 12.1 and you can test it now.

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
            X