Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

11.1p+: Different design for SelectItem / ComboBoxItem activation

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this sample in latest 11.1p online showcase (v11.1p_2018-11-24, also in 12.0p, 12.1d):

Click image for larger version

Name:	ComboBoxItem and SelectItem activation dseign.gif
Views:	92
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	255959

As you can see the top two ComboBoxItem have some inner or outer glow all the time, on focus, showing the picklist and selecting an entry.
    This is not the case for the 3rd SelectItem, which does not show an glow when the picklist is open, but in the other cases

As these items are very similar from a user's perspective, I think they should look the same as much as possible. I'd prefer the SelectItem looking like the ComboBoxItem here.
    This is because of ListGrid filtering like here, where there is a difference between TextItems and SelectItems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SelectItem activation in filterRow.gif
Views:	58
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	255960

Best regards
    Blama

We're not likely to change this in 11.1, because it involves changing skin infrastructure - however, if you check 12.0 or 12.1, you should see complete and identical styles on all controls - let us know if you don't.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this one happens exactly the same in 12.0p (Various controls sample, Filter sample from above).
      As the change to 12.0p here is going to happen soon, no change in 11.1p is no problem for me.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Ah - yes, the problem there is that the SelectItem isn't focused, since it doesn't have an input and the picker is open, and those styles are associated with focus.

We'll take a look and get back to you.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

as an FYI, this happens for all different kinds of multiple:true SelectItems, see this sample (v12.0p_2018-12-14).

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Right - SelectItems always show a hard clickMask (a modal picker), so rollOver styles don't work. We've made a change to have the item appear focused (have a highlighted border) when the picker is open in this case, and we're looking at exposing a clickMaskMode so you can override that.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see the change in v12.0p_2018-12-19 and it's looking good IMHO.

Thank you & Best regards
              Blama

Comment

Working...
              X