Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

FileUpload filesize exceeded validation error message issue

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this sample (v12.0p_2019-02-21) and try to upload a file >5 MB. I get this error message, which does not show the correct error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UploadErrorMessage.PNG
Views:	192
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	256996

Best regards
    Blama

What browser is this? Is this consistent for you across browsers?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

that was Chromium 72.0.3626.96, but also happening in FF26, IE11, EdgeHTML 17.17134, all on Win 10.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

looked into it a bit more.
        On German, it's the same English message, is that on purpose?
        Also, I get this in the Developer Console log for one click on "Save":
        Code:
        09:31:03.646:MUP0:WARN:Log:dynamicContents eval error - returning empty string for block -->${fileName}<-- error was: {}
        09:31:03.646:MUP0:WARN:Log:dynamicContents eval error - returning empty string for block -->${isc.NumberUtil.toMiBString(fileSize, maxFileSize)}<-- error was: {}
        09:31:03.646:MUP0:WARN:Log:dynamicContents eval error - returning empty string for block -->${isc.NumberUtil.toMiBString(maxFileSize, fileSize)}<-- error was: {}
        Best regards
        Blama

Comment

This has been fixed back to SC 11.0p/SGWT 6.0p and will be picked up by the nightly builds dated 2019-02-27 and beyond.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see this is fixed using v12.0p_2019-02-27. As there is no request, the size validation will take place client side, which is expected here. Shouldn't then the message for sure be localized with the link from #4?
            It is already localized in getlocalization.

Thank you & Best regards
            Blama

Comment

You may have seen a similar message already localized, but Validator.maxFileSizeExceeded was not registered properly for localization, even though it was doc'd with i18nMessages. We've made the proper changes back to SC 11.1p/SGWT 6.1p, but you'll need to wait until someone updates the localized databases and wait for us to pick up the changes before you'll see them in the published builds. See this related thread for more information.

Comment

Working...
              X