Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.1 date grouping menu design and grouping question

Hi Isomorphic,

please note that in this sample (12.1d) the grouping submenu always opens to the left. This is not the case for the "columns" submenu and also not in 12.0p.

Also, can you tell me where you use the four pretty new groupingMessages_upcoming* variables? I wanted to check their German translation but could not seem to find out in which sample they appear.

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-03-09 23.09.45.png
Views:	63
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	257125

Just choose "by Upcoming" from the menu you show in your screenshot.

We'll fix the menu-positioning and update here when it's done.

Comment

The positioning of menus has been addressed - the misbehavior was the result of recent changes to more aggressively control the placement of canvases that should be kept onscreen.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
        Just choose "by Upcoming" from the menu you show in your screenshot.
        OK, I did not see this before, even though I tried it IMHO. Perhaps I used wrong dates.

But I do find the displayed grouping and titles a bit strange
        Please see these screenshots:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Grouping Data.png
Views:	46
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	257130

With today 2019-03-10 I'd expect:
        • 2019-03-10: Today
        • 2019-03-11: Tomorrow
        • 2019-03-12 - next Saturday (when week starting on Sunday) or next Saturday (when week starting on Monday): This week
        • Day after last group until 2019-03-31: This month
        • 2019-04-01 - 2019-04-30: Next month
        • 2019-05-01 - 2019-12-31: This year
        • 2020-01-01 - 2020-12-31: Next year
        • >=2021-01-01: Later
        • Before analouge. I don't know where I'd put before (after "Next year" or in chronological order).

Putting the next 30/31 days in "Next month" is definitely misleading, at least in Germany.

This is not important to me, but I'm pretty sure here nobody would use this mode, as it is misleading.

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
        The positioning of menus has been addressed - the misbehavior was the result of recent changes to more aggressively control the placement of canvases that should be kept onscreen.
        OK, thanks. I'll retest.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

We've decided to go ahead and fix/rework the existing "Next Month" groupingMode, which was confusing, replacing it with separate This Month and Next Month modes that behave as expected, and we'll also add This Year/Next Year modes.

You can try these out in builds dated March 13 or later.

The group-sorting problem, where "Before" appeared at the end of the list, is also fixed is those builds.

Comment

Working...
          X