Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

More information about TreeGrids

I was wondering if there's a specific guide for working with tree grids. I'm working with SmartClient for more than 5 years (full-time) now and everytime my customers ask me to build a tree, I try to convince them to use a normal grid, since it gives so much trouble. I know this is a very generic question, but I'm lost in setting the right data source properties, the right grid properties, handle lots of data, preferably allow sorting, paging, etc. I can't get this to work ... at all. Tweaking just one minor property simply causes the whole grid to malfunction, things like that.

We're sorry you're having trouble with trees in particular, however, as this is not a recurring complaint, there's little we can do for you without more specific information. We already have an extensive tree databinding overview, and many samples showing lots of different scenarios of data loading, with which other developers have been consistently successful. Most likely, you have had the bad luck of missing some key piece of documentation or key sample, which sent you down the wrong path.

So, you need to do what you'd do for any other issue, post about what you're trying to do, show your code and your data and what's going wrong for you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will start all over again with the default components, before adding my own properties and code. I will check the tree databinding overview and examples once more. You are right in that I might have missed a (crucial) piece of code.

Comment

Working...
      X