Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Google Chrome Unable to preventDefault inside passive event listener due to target being treated as passive error

When using the mouse wheel on the ListGrid, chrome returns the following error or warning. At the link of the error detail, we understand that the subject is about the use of the mouse wheel. However, there is no problem in the use of ListGrid. In addition, this error does not occur in the Firefox Internet browser.

Could this error or warning be a problem for the chrome internet browser in the future? (For example, the mouse wheel does not function correctly on the listGrid)

The error example occurs at the following link.
    https://www.smartclient.com/smartclient/showcase/?id=fetchOperation

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	280
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	257294

We're aware of this issue and have a developer working on it.
    As far as we can tell it should not actually cause any user-visible ill effects, (but regardless, we will be making a change in the near future to fix it / avoid these error notifications).

Comment

Hi, has there been any update related to this issue? I can't see this happening in the showcase example, so just wondering if it was fixed in a recent build. Thanks

Comment

Hi
        Yes - this issue has been resolved for a while in nightly builds. We just failed to follow up on this thread.
        If you're still seeing it somewhere, let us know

Thanks
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Will do, thanks for the update.

Comment

Hello, I don't see it in 12.0 and 12.1, but I still see it in 11.1 ("v11.1p_2019-05-31/AllModules Development Only"), Chrome 75.0.3770.80 on OSX

Comment

Working...
            X