Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

TileGrid / TileLayout automatically scrolling when tile is larger than container

When the size of the tile is larger than the space provided, it will automatically scroll the the container when clicking a tile. Can I disable this?

isc.TileGrid.create({
    height: 500,
    width: 500,
    data: [
    {}
    ],
    tileHeight: 800,
    tileWidth: 200,
    createTile: function(){
    return isc.Label.create({
    contents:"<div style='height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image: linear-gradient(red, yellow);'></div>"
    })
    }
    })

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-12-02/Pro Deployment (built 2015-12-02)

Automatic scrolling of a TileGrid isn't limited to tiles larger than the container. Any time a tile is partially out of view due to scrolling, clicking on it will scroll the TileGrid to bring it back into view (fully, if possible). Thus, a tile clipped by the bottom will be scrolled into view at the bottom, and similarly at the top. We will, however, fix the "oscillation" you describe so that if a tile is too big to be scrolled into view completely, clicking on it will always scroll its top to the top of the TileGrid viewport.

Do you actually need a feature that disables automatic scrolling in all the cases described?

Note that any fixes we apply will, at most, be ported back to SC 10.1p. You're using a very old release.

Comment

Perhaps you could suggest another solution for the issue I'm having?
      I have placed a red X label top left of each tile with 'SnapTo: TL' that allows users to remove the tile.
      when the user is zoomed in enough to where the tile is taller than the parent layout and they click this X
      instead of capturing the click, it forces the user to scroll to the bottom of the tile and click is not received.
      I tried removing the snapTo, in case it was a position issue with no avail.

Comment

This sounds as though it would not happen after the fix we have applied. Have you tried out the patched code?

Comment

Note also that even without the patched code, you could simply respond to mouseDown instead of click.

Comment

The fix for the oscillation has been applied back to SC 10.1p, and is in the nightly builds dated 2019-04-19 and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
              Note also that even without the patched code, you could simply respond to mouseDown instead of click.
              Thank you, mouseDown works perfectly

Comment

Working...
              X