Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Isomorphic
    replied
    If you're literally trying that online on the "demos" site, please try in your SDK.

The skin tool writes to disk, so it's not going to work in that environment.

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

thanks. I found it here under Tools -> Skin editor. Unfortunately it does not work, as I get an exception:
    Code:
    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing [/tools/skinTools/skinEditor.jsp] at line [21]

18: <script>
    19: 
    20: <!-- also load skinVariables later -->
    21: <isomorphic:loadDS ID='employees,Filesystem,skinUtilsDS,skinVariables,skinVariableGroups' />
    22: 
    23: isc.FileLoader.loadSkin(isc.params.skin || "Stratus", "startUtil()");
    24: 

Stacktrace:
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:617)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:499)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:386)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:330)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741)
    Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to load DataSource for ID: skinUtilsDS
        at com.isomorphic.taglib.LoadDSTag.outputDSAsJS(LoadDSTag.java:124)
        at com.isomorphic.taglib.LoadDSTag.outputJS(LoadDSTag.java:89)
        at com.isomorphic.taglib.LoadDSTag.doStartTag(LoadDSTag.java:59)
        at org.apache.jsp.tools.skinTools.skinEditor_jsp._jspx_meth_isomorphic_005floadDS_005f0(skinEditor_jsp.java:1155)
        at org.apache.jsp.tools.skinTools.skinEditor_jsp._jspService(skinEditor_jsp.java:143)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741)
    Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    It's not under the samples because it is not a sample, it's a tool, so it's under the tools.

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

I saw your blog post for the new Skin or Theme editor, but could not see it in the 12.1 new samples, yet.
    Is it coming there or will one need to deploy it locally as an application that generated skin files (load_skin,js, skin_styles.css)?

Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Yes, we've made a bunch of changes to the process and the variables and need to rework the docs in this area for 12.1, which we'll do shortly.

Cascade will no longer be the recommended base skin, and will not appear in the Skin Editor - we've been working toward any skin you start from being equally easy to modify.

In the sample case, $primary_hue is no longer a variable in 12.1 skins - there are several high-level colors instead. Also, $standard_button_border_radius is now called just $button_border_radius. Further, since the variables cascade and since SASS tokens are apparently replaced serially, setting a value in your user settings file will work, but it won't cascade to variables declared previously

If you want to change things manually right now, the easiest way is to copy the variable list from _skinSettings.scss (from the //>theme_variables tag) into your _userSettings.scss file and change them in place. Then you'll see things change as you expect.

The Skin Editor effectively performs this step automatically.

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    started a topic SASS based skinning not working?

SASS based skinning not working?

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-05-23/EVAL Deployment (expires 2019.07.22_07.24.01) Licensed to: Isomorphic Software (#ISC_EVAL_NIGHTLY)

Hello, I'm trying the SASS-based skinning, but it doesn't seem to work.
    As per the doc's example, I'm starting from the Cascade skin, I've added:
    Code:
    $primary_hue: 120; // generally green rather than blue
    $standard_widget_border_color: #006400; // darkgreen borders for widgets
    $standard_button_border_radius: 5px; // give all buttons rounded corners
    to _userSettings.scss, and I've run compass compile.
    I see that the skin_styles.css file is modified, there are almost 500 differences...but I don't see the expected changes. For instance, the border radius of the buttons is still 0px. And the skin is still blue.

Is this supposed to work in 12.1 ? Am I missing something?
Working...
X