Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All
new posts

  • getFilterPicklistCriteria not always firing on MultiComboBoxItems

    This can be ignored. Problem found.


    1. SmartClient Version: v10.1p_2019-05-16/Enterprise Deployment (built 2019-05-16)
    2. Chrome Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit) . (though it happens on most browsers)

    I'm seeing an odd problem that I can't explain. I have multiple FilterBuilders on a page. The first 4 filterBuilders are used to set up parameters for the 5th filterBuilder on the screen. This of the first four as being required information to perform the fifth filterBuilder

    The first filterBuilder is allowing the user to pick which table (datasource) they want to use. This is passed into the other 4 filterBuilders. To change the datasource being used by the controls in the filterBuilder,
    we have the a Java DMI function that modifies several of the parameters for the last filterBuilder AND changes the dataSource for the control.

    When that value changes in the first filterBuilder, the click on the other MultiComboBoxItem controls in the other filterBuilders, I can see the criteria returned by that control's "getPicklistFilterCriteria" function. It displays the correct information. But I don't always see the query that should result fire on the Server (I am watching the Console in Eclipse to verify). There are several instances where it does work (I see the getFilterPicklistCriteria AND see the correct query firing on the database. But it is not 100%.

    Now the fun thing: If I switch the controls to "ComboBoxItem" (from Multi),it works perfectly.

    Places I'll see this problem:
    After applying "clearCriteria" on a filterBuilder.
    When typing in a search term on the MultiCombobox control.
    After removing all the selected items on a filterBuidler control.

    Unfortunately, I don't think there's a sample I can provide that would encapsulate all that we're doing.

    If there's anything I can try, please let me know.

    Thanks.

    Paul Fincke
    Last edited by pfincke; 13th Jun 2019, 11:46.

  • #2
    Discovered the issue was in our framework. This doesn't work to disable client filtering:

    isc.defineClass("MyMultiComboBoxItem", "MultiComboBoxItem").addProperties({
    optionDataSource: "SNAPSHOT",
    optionOperationId: "fetchSnapshotPicklist",
    useClientFiltering: false
    }

    This does work:

    isc.defineClass("MyMultiComboBoxItem", "MultiComboBoxItem").addProperties({
    optionDataSource: "SNAPSHOT",
    optionOperationId: "fetchSnapshotPicklist",
    comboBoxProperties: {
    useClientFiltering: false
    }
    }

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for letting us know. We were about to post that we were baffled too, because we didn't know about the settings that were the problem!

      Comment

      Working...
      X