Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p/12.1d Browser zoom and Browser zoom detection questions

Hi Isomorphic,

your BrowserZoom did not change between 12.0p and 12.1d, yet.
    I clicked some of the bugs you linked and a quite few are fixed now. I do know that the limitations still apply, as a customer of ours has a problem here with non-stop scrollbar-related resizes and therefore a flickering display and is complaining about it (we do not have tried detect-zoom.js, yet).

Then I found also this in the linked SO post from your docsMy questions are:
    • Are there changes in support to expect in 12.1p for browser zoom (I assume no)?
    • Can update those docs w.r.t. to the browser issues?
    • Does the visualViewport API from above help you to integrate a function like the detect-zoom.js directly into the framework and can you do this this way or another?
      As the Zoom issue affects all developer-users of the framework and their end-users, an enabled-by-default way of warning that this is unsupported would be great.
      With the way it is currently, one has to get bug reports from the users and then look up your docs, finally finding out that is not supported and then perhaps try to build oneself a no longer maintained project to perhaps detect zoom changes. It would really help everyone if this instead would be built-in and active by default.

Best regards
    Blama

Second that, would be really nice to be able to warn the user that browser zoom isn't supported.

Comment

The nature of our handling for zoom is basically that, as soon as enough of the bugs are fixed that zoom is supportable, it should simply work. Obviously, not enough bugs have been fixed.

Note also that it looks like some things have been marked "fixed" although the real issue was not sufficiently addressed.

We will look into integrating something like detect-zoom, but this is an area where we might put out a release that can detect zoom and warn about it, at the same moment that the last of the zoom bugs have been fixed in the browsers where zoom detection is feasible, and hence the support is no longer necessary and the effort has been wasted.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I agree that at some point this warning might hopefully not be necessary anymore, so it should be possible to disable the warning. On the other hand some of the bugs you list in the docs are 12 years old, so it is pretty unlikely, that such effort would be wasted near-term. And until then it has the power to help all users.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Hi @all,

this thread is related if one wants to reduce the side effects of zooming a bit.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I just noticed this in JIRA. It shows once you open the workflow, without changing browser zoom levels. So it seems they are able to detect this (this was IE Edge, I don't know if they can do this in all browsers).

Click image for larger version

Name:	MicrosoftTeams-image.png
Views:	149
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	259422

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

do you have plans in this area?
              It's really annoying for us to get reports about flickering and to have to explain everytime. This is true for other users as well (see #2) and basically every user will have this problem, even if they don't comment here.

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

Nothing has changed relative to what we stated above.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I noticed by chance that there have been a new APIs added w.r.t Zoom bug prevention, namely Canvas.correctZoomOverflow and Canvas.maxZoomOverflowError, as these now appear in the group..browserZoom-overview. They are not present in v12.0p_2020-03-11 I'm still using, but in current 11.1p/12.0p/12.1.p/13.0d.

This is really great to see. I assume it will "just work" after an upgrade, but if you can add here any information, that would would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
                  Blama

Comment

Working...
                  X