Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

smart client with log4j2

Hi ,
    I am using smartwgt components of version 9.0. We are planning to move to log4j2 so i made all the necessary changes to build the application.Everything like compile,loading the server is fine, but the problems comes from the isomorphic jar's, it is expecting a class org.apache.log4j.spi.RootLogger which is not in the log4j2.so it is not able to send the server push will you please help me regarding this?

Hi pankajkumarroy,

please see this thread and leave your +1 there.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

See the Server Logging overview. SmartGWT already supports log4j2 by way of slf4j.

Comment

Hi,
        I tried using the config set up of using sl4j, but still i am getting this exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/spi/RootLogger
        at com.isomorphic.base.Init.<clinit>(Init.java:68)
        at com.isomorphic.servlet.BaseServlet.init(BaseServlet.java:132)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1284)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1197)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:864)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:134)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1070)
        at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:611)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Comment

The log4j .jars must be there, but this does not mean that you cannot use another logging framework.

Comment

Working...
          X