Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Wanted to display selected file in list grid before uploading :- Custom Binary Field

Hi Team,

I just wanted to show selected files(one or multiple files) after choosing before uploading in list grid.
    Please Help.
    Thanks

In below video i click on browse (choose files button) and selected some file and wanted to show that selected file in above box.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Custombinaryfield.gif Views:	1 Size:	11.84 MB ID:	259204

I am using below code.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	custombinary.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.1 KB ID:	259205
    Last edited by vikashdwi; 29 Aug 2019, 04:18.

It appears that you're trying to set up an interface whereby
    - a user selects a file to upload
    - the selected file is added to a listGrid on the client side (so the user can see the file name but it has not yet been uploaded)
    - the can then repeat this process to populate the grid with a bunch of files
    - finally the user can hit a button to upload the full set of files.

Building this interface is going to be difficult. The browser will need the actual upload item (natively an <input type=file...>) to submit the record to the server, so clearing it out and copying the file data into a ListGrid record on the client side isn't really an option.

Having said that, the screenshot looks like you may be attempting to build your own version of the MultiFileItem.
    If you haven't already, we'd definitely recommend reading the uploading file overview doc here: https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...=group..upload

There's a demo of the MultiFileItem here:
    https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...=multiFileItem
    In short it allows the user to select and upload a number of files, and uses the standard server side DataSource pattern to handle the upload on the back end.

Would this meet your needs?

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Team,

I have a new requirement, when i clicked on choose file button (browse button) in above video.
      First time there is always a default location is open after that we navigate to our desired file location.
      So my query is that i want to open always a same location where my files is kept.
      Its means there is any way to set a default path or location.

Thanks

Comment

No, there isn't a way to do this. The browser is not allowed to know any details of the user's file system, as a security concern. So there is no way to save such information, or prompt the browser to start in a particular place in the user's filesystem, unless you require the user to install special software.

Comment

Working...
        X