Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Selenium / Selenese - latest version of Chrome

Hi Isomorphic,

is it possible to expect that Selenium / Selenese will be compatible with let's say this year's version of Chrome.
    I have one problem that seems to occur to me only in the "modern" versions of the Chrome, but it does not always appear, but every 100 times when I repeat some random operations.
    The cause is unknown and I can't reproduce it for you. I can't reproduce it even locally when I want, but by accident.

My code looks like this:
    Code:
    com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.events.ChangedHandler{
            @Override
            public void onChanged(ChangedEvent event) {
                if (parent.isDrawn()) {
                    AssignStatusNewStatus.this.redraw();
                    parent.setCalculatedHeight(AssignStatusNewStatus.this);
                }
            }

}//ChangedHandler closed

public void setCalculatedHeight(Canvas canvas) {
            if (!canvas.isDrawn())
                canvas.draw();
            newHeight = canvas.getVisibleHeight() + heightIncrease > defaultWindowHeight ? defaultWindowHeight
                    : canvas.getVisibleHeight() + heightIncrease;
            if (newHeight < minWindowHeight)
                setHeight(minWindowHeight);
            else
                setHeight(newHeight);
        }
    I have to use redraw () in this case although you do not recommend it, but that should not be a problem in this case.

I belive that problem is:
    This condtion is sometimes "false"
    Code:
    if (parent.isDrawn()){...}

Using SmartGwtTimer I belive that I've solved the problem
    Code:
                SmartGwtTimer t = new SmartGwtTimer() {
                    @Override
                    public void run() {
                        if (parent.isDrawn()) {
                            AssignStatusNewStatus.this.redraw();
                            parent.setCalculatedHeight(AssignStatusNewStatus.this);
                        }
                    }
                };
                t.schedule(1);
    But I would like to be 100% sure that I did it before I deliver this fix and I would like to be able to reproduce this bug if possible.

Best regards
    Pavo
    Last edited by pavo123; 8 Oct 2019, 06:27.

This isn't making much sense to us..

You say there's a problem but you don't say what it is.

You also mention Selenium and Chrome but you don't show any code related to Selenium.. was that accidentally included from something else you were writing at the same time?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I wanted to say that I have a problem that is hard to reproduce. I can't reproduce it even locally when I want, but by accident!
      I also wrote some code, trying to explain a problem, but just ignore it.

That problem is happening in Chrome and not in Firefox 52.
      You're recomending: "Selenium IDE 2.9, which is compatible with Firefox 52 ESR".

I wanted to ask is it possible to expect that yours "selenium extensions" will be compatible with:
      e.g. "Selenium IDE 3 and Chrome 77"
      in the near future?

Because that could help me with this and similar problems.

Best regards
      Pavo

Comment

You haven't stated what version of SmartClient you're using - as mentioned in the FAQ, that should always be included in bug reports.

SmartClient 12.0+ uses Selenium 3 for our SmartClientWebDriver wrappers, Selenium execution via SeleneseRunner, and test harness integration via DriverConfiguration. Using an older version of Selenium with SC 12.0+ for those operations isn't supported. You can run Selenium 3 with Firefox 52, though you must use "legacy mode," which you can switch on by passing the right options to Firefox.

If you're looking at our Using Selenium Scripts overview, perhaps you're referring to the problem with Selenium IDE, which is a tool limited to writing and interactively debugging Selenium IDE scripts - it was never used by SmartClient for test-harness-driven Selenese playback or WebDriver integration. As the help topic mentions, Firefox broke this tool when they released Firefox 60ESR, and though a replacement has been built for Firefox "Quantum," at the time we checked, it did not yet support custom locator plugins, which is a required feature for us to migrate to the new extension.

If that new Selenium IDE extension now supports custom locator plugins, we will eventually be able to support it, but if you need something on a definite schedule, you may want to consider Feature Sponsorship.

Comment

Working...
        X