Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ComboBoxItem Focused state remains after item lost focus

Hi,
    I have encountered the following problem in v12.0 - in some cases, a ComboBoxItem's Focused state is not cleared when the control is losing focus.
    I could easily reproduce this scenario with the example at https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...ilterRelatedFS
    Just click on the ComboBoxItem (the control on the right) and type some letters (don't click Enter or select a value from the pick list) and then click on the other control (on the left).
    You can notice the ComboBoxItem's border remains blue (instead of returning to gray) indicating it still has the 'Focused' state.
    Of course you can also inspect the DOM element to confirm that.

This is especially noticeable with our application since we use an alternative background color for the focused items.

We've made a change to address this issue. Please try the next nightly build dated Nov 23 or above

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,
      I checked the fix, and it seems to be only partly working.
      In our application, we added a click handler on the ComboBoxItem which shows the picker as soon as the user clicks inside it.
      When this happens, and then the user clicks on another control, the Focused style gets 'stuck' again - this time only until you hover the mouse over the ComboBoxItem

I could simulate this again using the above showcase example, by just adding click: "this.showPicker()" to the ComboBoxItem properties.

Here is the full example code:
      Code:
      isc.DynamicForm.create({
          ID:"testForm",
          width: 550,
          numCols:4,
          fields : [
          {
              name: "filteredSelect", title: "Item (Select)", editorType: "SelectItem", 
              optionDataSource: "supplyItem", wrapTitle: false,
              displayField:"itemName", valueField:"SKU",
              pickListWidth:300,
              pickListProperties: {
                  showFilterEditor:true
              },
              pickListFields:[
                  {name:"SKU"},
                  {name:"itemName"}
              ]
          },
          {
              name: "filteredCombo", title: "Item (ComboBox)", editorType: "ComboBoxItem", 
              addUnknownValues:false, wrapTitle: false,
              optionDataSource: "supplyItem", 
              displayField:"itemName", valueField:"SKU",
              filterFields:["SKU", "itemName"],
              pickListWidth:300,
              pickListFields:[
                  {name:"SKU"},
                  {name:"itemName"}
              ],
              click: "this.showPicker()" // <== This causes the Focused style to get 'stuck'
          }
          ]
      });
      Thanks for looking into this further.

Comment

Thanks for the test case. We've made some changes to address this issue.
        Please try the next nightly build (dated Nov 27 or above)

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
        X