Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p Validation error display on mobile touch devices

Hi Isomorphic,

I just noticed that in this sample (v12.0p_2019-11-17) on my iPhone the validation error is hard to see. This happens in our application as well when used on mobile devices.

It does not always work to click it in order to see the error text. With respect to your blog post I think some other way than hover should be the default of displaying validation errors or other information on touch devices.

A similar hover problem is present with the ComboBoxItem in the sample:
    • Click ComboBoxItem
    • Full screen chooser openes
    • Select an entry
    • Full screen chooser closes and entry is selected and picker icon has focus
    • Click ComboBoxItem to open again
    • Full screen chooser openes
    • After 1 second the hover of the selected entry shows. This is unexpected and I assume related to the focus before.

This is not very important for me, but it seems that in order to successfully use the framework for mobile applications, some defaults must change / get more adaptive.

Best regards
    Blama

We're not really following your critique here. The validation error icon is the only red thing on the screen so it's very, very obvious. With "Spacious" density it's very easy to hit with a touch to see the error. It's straightforward to make it yet bigger if you like.

While you can use showErrorText:true to show the validation error inline, we think that would be a terrible idea on mobile.

We do see the behavior where a hover is showing unexpectedly, and we'll check that out.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

the critique is that generally click-to-reveal like hover are not things that work good on mobile, but that's just my opinion.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X