Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

i18n-ing DataSourceField.exportFormat, and a bug with ListGridField.exportFormat

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-12-17/AllModules Development Only (built 2019-12-17)
    and
    SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2019-12-05/AllModules Development Only (built 2019-12-05)

Hello, is it possible to localize the DataSourceField.exportFormat attribute?

It seems that this attribute is not writable using <fmt> tags, and also I don't know if it would be picked client side, when doing dataSource.exportData({exportAs:"xls"})

And then there's a bug, if you modify the independence field of the countryList grid in the FSexport sample like this:
    Code:
            {name:"independence", title:"Nationhood", width:100, exportFormat:"ddmmyy"}
    and then try to export in excel formats, you'll see that the exportFormat is ignored.

We'll check on exportFormat not supporting server-side localization.

Your modification to the same would be expected to apply to client-side exports, but not server-side exports.

Comment

We've made changes so exportFormat would support server-side localization, which will be available for download in nightly builds since Jan 25 (tomorrow).

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

it's not clear to me, which strings do support fmt-tag-based server-side localization.
        Is there some way to find this out?

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Any property that is documented as being of String type (or a derived type like URL) is supposed to work.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks, that is great to know and should definitely be in the DataSourceLocalization docs.
            Also these docs should be linked from the serverds-package-summary.

Thank you & Best regards
            Blama

Comment

We've updated these docs and as of today (April 23) you will see them.

Regards
              Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see the changes in the 12.1 docs, thanks.
                Any property on a DataSource or on a UI component that is documented to be of "String" type or any derived type (such as "URL") supports the fmt:message tags.
                Best regards
                Blama

Comment

Working...
                X