No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

BUG - IPad Pro is not recognized correctly

Hi,

tested on v11.1p_2019-06-14/LGPL Deployment

Customer reported that IPad Pro 12.9 triggers mobile version of the webpage.
    He is presenting himself with UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.0.5 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
    I believe he has "Request Desktop Website" turned on hence "Intel Mac OS X" in UA.

In SmartClient it is detected as isc.Browser.isTouch == true, isc.Browser.isMobile == true, isc.Browser.isHandset == true, isc.Browser.isTablet == false, isc.Browser.isIPad == false

Best regards,
    Janusz

Try a recent patched build, and remember to do in the future before posting.

Comment

The same problem in current build "v11.1p_2020-02-18/LGPL Deployment".

Comment

Hi @all

it's most likely related to this one, but I assume you all know this already.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Yes, but I see that it has been "fixed" in 12.0 and I can't update to 12.0 at the moment.

For now I can live with
          Code:
          if(isc.Browser.isMobileWebkit && isc.Browser.isHandset && isc.Browser.isTouch && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X') > -1) {
            isc.Browser.setIsTablet(true);
          }

Comment

Hi
            We've now ported the 12.x fix back to 11.1, so Safari/ iPad in desktop mode (the new default setting) will have the isIPad and related flags set to true within SmartClient.
            This will be present in nightly 11.1 builds going forward (Feb 28 and above)

For anyone stumbling across this thread - fuller details are available on the original discussion here: https://forums.smartclient.com/forum...on-chrome-ipad

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
            X