Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Real-Time Messaging installation in SDK (for samples and docs)

SmartClient Version: v8.3p_2013-02-20/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2013-02-20)

we recently purchased the realtime messaging modules, and we're about to start using it.

Only, I can't figure how to install it in the SDK, which we use to search for docs and samples.
    Otherwise, realtime messaging samples and even the quick ref pdf are disabled.

There aren't any special steps, you just need to download the SDK using an account that has been assigned a license that includes Real-Time Messaging. If you want to verify this, send the account used for the download to sales (use this form).

Comment

I've already downloaded the separated resal time messaging module. I've copied the jars into WEB-INF/lib under the SDK and in the Runtime. Then I've copied the zipped js library into isomorphic/system/modules under SDK and Runtime.

The problem is: the real time messaging samples and docs accessed while running the tomcat server embedded in the sdk are disabled (see attached screenshots)
      Attached Files

Comment

Right, so, for SmartClient, do not download and install the separate RTM module. That's really for SmartGWT. Just download your Power build with the appropriate account, and RTM will already be there, with the samples enabled and the docs present.

Comment

the downloaded version is SmartClient Version: v8.3p_2013-02-20/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2013-02-20)
          (and the link for the separated download is under the smartclient section)

but the samples and docs are disabled, and the only files with 'realtime' in the name are under the modules-debug folders.

Comment

Yup, so again:

There aren't any special steps, you just need to download the SDK using an account that has been assigned a license that includes Real-Time Messaging. If you want to verify this, send the account used for the download to sales (use this form).

Comment

ok, I'll do it.

though the download page, as in the attachment, didn't let me think that the module has to be included in the sdk.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I've just noticed that actually the download link for the Original release (11/20/2012) is complete with the realtime messaging modules and with samples and docs enabled.

So far so good.

But I've raised the original problem because I'm using the latest patched versions (also for docs and samples).

So, my question is: it's possible to have the complete package also with patched releases?

Comment

Working...
                X