Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Skin Editor - I can't get it to run, jsp error #{...} is not allowed in template text

Hi Isomorphic I'm trying to use the new Skin Editor for the first time and get an exception. I'm using SmartGWT (SmartClient Version: v12.1p_2020-06-04/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2020-06-04)) Browser is Chrome Version 83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) (64-bit) I'm running SGWT via IntelliJ using Tomcat 8.5.50 I believe I have correctly followed the instructions in http://blog.isomorphic.com/the-new-s...or-has-landed/ I assume that for the Compass install I just need to perform the two gem commands in the "Setting up the ruby environment" section? When I navigate to https://localhost:8443/TraficCrest/t...skinEditor.jsp I get the following error: Type Exception Report Message /TraficCrest/tools/skinTools/skinEditor.jsp (line: [776], column: [82]) #{...} is not allowed in template text Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request. Exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /TraficCrest/tools/skinTools/skinEditor.jsp (line: [776], column: [82]) #{...} is not allowed in template text org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:41) org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:291) org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:114) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator$ValidateVisitor.visit(Validator.java:743) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$ELExpression.accept(Node.java:958) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2389) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(Node.java:2441) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(Node.java:2447) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Root.accept(Node.java:470) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2389) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator.validateExDirectives(Validator.java:1855) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:221) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:375) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:351) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:335) org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:597) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:399) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:386) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:330) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741) org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52) org.apache.catalina.filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:109) org.apache.catalina.filters.HttpHeaderSecurityFilter.doFilter(HttpHeaderSecurityFilter.java:126) I don't know jsp but browsing skinEditor.jsp shows that the line with the error is the one below following the comment: if (this.livePreview && !finalOutput) { // generate css variables - these are mutable at runtime userSettings += "\n\n//* CSS *//\n @function v($var) {@return var(--#{$var});}\n:root {"; userSettings += isc.SkinMetadata.generateThemeCssProperties(userSettings, data); userSettings += ";\n}"; this.logInfo(userSettings, "themeEditor"); } Can you tell from this whether I have done something wrong or is there a problem with the Skin Editor? I've tried searching the forums but didn't spot anything relevant. Thank you.

Does the skin editor work in our BuiltInDS sample project? You may need to port this section of that project's web.xml (relative path ./samples/built-in-ds/war/WEB-INF/web.xml) and put it under the <jsp-config> tag:
    Code:
    <jsp-property-group>
        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
        <el-ignored>true</el-ignored>
    </jsp-property-group>
    The other option is to adjust the header of web.xml to use a different servlet version. As shipped, the web.xml for BuiltInDS uses 2.5, but switching to 2.4 may work without the (above) change.
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 4 Jun 2020, 11:57.

Comment

Working...
    X