Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

bug when showing context Menu for gridHeader

Hello,
    when clicking on the field header of a grid to open the context menu I receive an error.
    This is only true when I switch to "handset" mode in the chrome or firefox desktop browser on windows.
    Smartclient Version:v12.1p_2020-05-06/Pro Deployment
    chrome Version: 83.0.4103.97
    Demo: (switch to handset mode to see effect)
    https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...gnMobileSample

Kind regards
    Paul

We were not able to reproduce the error. Please, we need further details and/or specific steps in order to reproduce it.

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hello,
      in chrome you will have to open the "developer console" (? in german language it is Menu->weitere tools->Entwicklertools) I guess in english it is (Menu->more tools->defloper tools)
      and then switch to the handset emulater view to emulate a a hanset browser.
      open https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...?id=columnSize
      and then click to the arrow in the header with should open the context menu.
      This click throws an error.
      Kind regads Paul
      P.S: why do you demand a Verification (reCAPTCHA) after each some second?

Comment

So the problem is actually that Chrome's handset emulation doesn't work..

Please be more specific with bug reports, two developers tried to replicate your findings.

You should be experiencing a recaptcha at most once per post. If that's not how it's happening for you, let us know what seems to be triggering it.

Comment

No,
          the problem is, that on a handset the click on the context menu button of a header column in a ListGrid does not show a context menu, but because I didn't expect you to reproduce it with your smartphone I tried to give you a quick and uncomplicated access to the problem, that is: open developer console in your browser and switch to handset(smartphone) and the click on the context menu button of a column in a list grid, after loading an arbitrary page with a listgrid on it.
          It throws hopefully an error, as it does in my browser and in the browser of all of my 2 colleagues. We saw the error on firefox and chrome browsers.
          P.S. ; I had to recaptcha 5 times and after that another recaptcha is not possible (checkbox then shows with red lines) and one has to restart the session

Comment

After I entered chrome://inspect/#devices
            I debugged my smartphone wich is connected through USB. Then I clicked on the context menu Button on my smartphone and the desktop browser showed an error message ap wich I attached .
            Kind regards

Paul

Click image for larger version

Name:	contextMenuButtonPressed.PNG
Views:	72
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	262821
            Attached Files

Comment

Another question:
              "when clicking on the field header of a grid to open the context menu I receive an error." This was my first bug report.
              You want me to "be more specific with bug reports, ...". What actually do you want. English is not my native languaguage, so I would be happy for any advice that helps to make the communication more clearly.
              Kind regards
              Paul

Comment

All we're looking for is the usual information: what browser and platform reproduces the bug.

You gave desktop versions for Chrome and Firefox, and you said something about "handset mode", but the sample itself has handset vs tablet vs desktop modes, so we thought you were talking about that.

Next time, just tell us you can reproduce it on your actual phone, and it would be good to know about the emulator too.

Anyway, we're taking a look.

About the recaptcha, it sounds like you're saying the recaptcha is rejecting your input?

Comment

Working...
                X