Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ToolStripButtion showFocused and showFocusOutline

Re: https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...crease=0&dhc=1

Using the Enterprise skin, testing with the 'bold' button, the showFocused property doesn't seem to have any effect. Whether true or false, there is a border around the button when it has the focus. Setting the showFocusOutline to false will make the border go away. Questions:

1. What is showFocused=false supposed to do if not to remove the border that indicates focus? Is it skin-specific?
    2. The showFocusOutline property seems useful and is exactly what I want, but it is not documented so I did not find it on my system. I only discovered it by playing with the showcase. Can this be included in the documentation?

Thanks.

showFocused means that a distinct CSS style (with a Focused suffix) is shown when the component has focus, for example, changing the color of a button.

The focus outline is always shown, because it’s an accessibility violation to not indicated keyboard focus at all. Even if you turn off our focus outline, you may see a native focus outline rendered by the browser, depending on your CSS.

Comment

Understood, although the focus outline can apparently be disabled (at least the one created by the SC css file) by using .showFocusOutline = false.

Would like to see that in the documentation.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X