Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Filter not working properly

Hi Isomorphic,

I have a listgrid with few columns, and a filter attached to it. When we do a filter search with an operator for the first time , it works well. But when I am trying to do an search with different operator is it not allowing me to do.

In the code we have used , grid.setShowFilterEditor(true);

what I have to do is like below,
    What happening in filter is, when we use an operator for filtering. The component is storing the operator as a cache as shown below.

Note: The user can able to delete the value alone not the operator.

Refer SC-1

What we can do to get rid of this, the user has to manually do a "Right-click" on the filter search area and need to select default value as in below screen shot.

Refer SC-2

I have searched in the showcase and found the similar behavior,
    https://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt...rid_exp_filter

Do we have any other way to solve this issue?

Thanks,
    Manjula
    Attached Files

This is not considered an "issue". Typically, if you provide initial criteria, whatever operator is used is something that *should* stick even if the user deletes the value.

The same is true when the user deletes their own criteria; the most likely thing is that, if they enter new criteria, they will want to use the same operator.

So we would not recommend changing this behavior. But if you really insist on doing so, you could wait for the user to leave the field leave it blank, and then change the operator yourself.

Comment

Working...
    X