Clear All

no more server side exception when dataSource doesn't exist

SmartClient v12.1p_2020-09-18/Enterprise Deployment

Hello I just noticed that this code in a DMI:

Code:
    DSRequest req = new DSRequest("foo", "fetch", rpcManager);
    returns null, but previously it returned an exception:
    Code:
    java.lang.Exception: Can't find dataSource: foo - please make sure that you have a foo.ds.xml file for it in one of these locations: /Users/bosticco/iscSDK/tools/visualBuilder/workspace/JOFC/out/artifacts/JOFC_war_exploded/shared/ds
    it's not a big deal, but I'd prefer the previous behaviour

We're not seeing the DSRequest constructor return null. What happens is that the DSRequest throws a NullPointerExceution when execute() is called instead of the exception you report in your second code box. We've made a change that should address that which should be present in the nightly builds dated 2020-09-23 and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      We're not seeing the DSRequest constructor return null. What happens is that the DSRequest throws a NullPointerExceution when execute() is called instead of the exception you report in your second code box.
      yes, you're right
      Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      We've made a change that should address that which should be present in the nightly builds dated 2020-09-23 and beyond.
      SmartClient Version: v12.1p_2020-09-23/Enterprise Deployment (built 2020-09-23)

now I see the exception stating 'Can't find dataSource', thank you very much

Comment

Working...
      X