Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

visualbuilder cosmetics problems

SmartClient Version: v12.1p_2020-09-29/Enterprise Development Only (built 2020-09-29)
    Chrome on OSX

Hello, I'm trying the visualbuilder (or Reify Local), and I noticed some visual glitch.

In the 'Learn to Reify' section I can't scroll to the bottom. A window resize fixes it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-07 09.19.34.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	263742

Many hovers seem to lack CSS:

Name:	2020-10-07 09.24.40.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	263743

Name:	2020-10-07 09.26.26.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	263744

Attached Files

Also, I noticed that in the Component Library there isn't a simple Canvas component. Also there aren't snapTo properties on components.
    Is it a know limitation, or a a deliberate choice? This seems to limit what is possible to do when it comes to putting down the layout of an application.
    Even because I feel that sometimes using only VLayout/HLayout/VStack/HStack isn't the most efficient approach. What do you think?

Comment

We've fixed the hover styling regression. "Learn to Reify" has already been replaced in 13.0 with a tutorial system. We'd recommend evaluating 13.0.

Thanks for pointing out that snapTo was missing - snapOffsetLeft & Top are present, so this is just an oversight.

However, make sure you understand what this tool is for: it's a Low Code tool, that allows non-developers to build applications, potentially in coordination with developers for the last steps. So it is not an IDE, and it intentionally does not expose every framework feature.

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v13.0d_2020-10-13/EVAL Development Only (expires 2020.12.12_07.20.58) Licensed to: Isomorphic Software (#ISC_EVAL_NIGHTLY)

Thanks, now I see the hover style. And the snapTo property also.
        Actually I don't see the tutorial system in 13.0. How do I start it?

Regarding the tool scope, actually I'm evaluating its usage by a developer's perspective. We currently haven't non-developers who could work with this tool.
        But I don't think that you're saying that it isn't suitable for a developer, right?
        I understand that it doesn't expose every feature, but I'd like to try it to(at least) cut down tedious coding regarding the layout, hence the question about the snapTo, which for me, for some layouts, is a crucial feature to avoid excessive use of H/VLayout

Comment

The tutorial system is present at Reify.com only for now.

Developers are intended to use Reify toward the end of the project, to handle certain more complicated use cases (and also at the beginning sometimes, to set certain things up). This means the layout tools and other capabilities of Reify that you use at project start are geared toward non-developers, and strongly favor simplicity over completeness. So especially as an experienced SmartClient developer, you may have the repeated experience that your "favorite hack" can't be done in the tool.

That said, snapTo was omitted inadvertently, and the latest builds now let you use it.

Comment

Thanks, now I see the snapTo attribute.

I also noticed that the Calendar component isn't available. Is it intended or will you add it?

Comment

Calendar support is on the roadmap, but not particularly high. Yours is the first request. Feature Sponsorship could be used to accelerate it, if it's important to you (or someone else reading this thread!).

Comment

Hello Isomorphic, may I ask some questions about the visual builder licensing (with Enterprise license) here on the forum (maybe in a new thread) or it's better if I send an e-mail?

Comment

If it's a non-technical question or mixed technical and legal, it's best to send via email - things that you post here trigger alerts to a team that is not ready to handle legal aspects.

Comment

message sent, thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X