X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Upgrade to SmartClient 8 Skin issue

Hi isomorphic,

SC Version : 8.3
    Browser Version : Firefox : 10.X

I'm planning to upgrade my Smart Client version 6.0 to version 8.3. Before that i thought of play with evaluated version. So i just replaced my server's isomorphic directory and web-inf's lib directory with corresponding Smart Client 8.3 files.

I used the SmartClient Skin in both SC6 and SC8 version. But the Menu and Check box seems to appearing differently in both versions even though i'm using the same skin named SmartClient.

I have attached the Menu and Check box appearance for both versions with this.

Please let me know what needs to be done to maintain the appearance even when upgrading to SC 8 Version

TIA,
    SSS
    Attached Files

As you've discovered, that's not a valid upgrade procedure :)

See Deploying SmartClient in the SmartClient Reference.

Comment

Hi isomorphic,

Thanks for quick response,

Could you please give me more details on this regard. What i have done was,
      For client side integration, i have copied isomorphic directory.
      For server side integration i have copied reference lib to WEB-INF/lib. For server.properties and log4j there i maintained SmartClient 6 specific files. Web.xml already configured correctly. For isctaglib i have not used in SC 6 version. and i dont know why it needs to be added here.But in previous version i had iscTaglib.tld in WEB-INF/tlds directory.

The reason behind upgrading SC version is to support latest browser version in FF, IE and chrome.

Please let me know what im doing wrong here.

TIA,
      SSS

Comment

The appearance you're showing for the "SmartClient" skin from SC 6 isn't the default appearance for that skin. It looks like it was customized to use a blend of the "SmartClient" skin and some styling/media from other skins. By overwriting your skins directory with SC8.3 files, it looks like you just overwrote those customizations.

Regardless, what we'd suggest is moving to one of the skins that has been upgraded with CSS3 mode (Enterprise, EnterpriseBlue or Graphite). See the Skinning topic in the SmartClient Reference to learn about this.

Comment

Thanks, I will check this.

Comment

Working...
          X