Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

disable selection event in case of drag in splitpane

Hi,

I have a splitpane with a treegrid in the navigation pane and a dynamicform and some listgrids in the detail pane (skipping the list pane).
    I want to be able to drag out of the treegrid and drop it on some other pane. The problem I'm having is that I cannot drag immediately from the treegrid. The selection event fires and kicks off the loading of the detail pane. Only then I can drag the item out of the treegrid.

I'd like to drag the item immediately and only load the detail pane when no drag occurs.

I'm using SmartClient Version: v12.1p_2020-08-16/Enterprise Development Only (built 2020-08-16).

Please advice

Thanks!

By default, requests block the UI during the network turnaround (see rpcRequest.showPrompt), so if you kick off a request on selection change, that's during mouseDown, and a clickmask will come up that stops the drag.

There are two solutions:

1. make the request to populate the detail pane non-blocking by setting showPrompt to false in requestProperties when initiating the request

2. don't send the request until mouseUp, rather than immediately on selection change

Comment

Working...
    X