Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

isc maven plugin

Hello, I'm using isc-maven-plugin 1.4.5 with maven 3.6.3_1.

I noticed that the latest maven-war-plugin which works is the 3.2.0, from 3.2.1 to 3.3.1 I get this error (while packaging after a clean):

Code:
    [DEBUG] OverlayPackagingTask performPackaging overlay.getTargetPath() null
    [INFO] Processing overlay [ id com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:smartclient-resources]
    [DEBUG] Expanding: /Users/bosticco/.m2/repository/com/isomorphic/smartclient/enterprise/smartclient-resources/12.1-p20200711/smartclient-resources-12.1-p20200711.war into /Users/bosticco/iscSDK/tools/visualBuilder/wsmvn/JpcEP/target/war/work/com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise/smartclient-resources
    Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:3.3.1:war (default-war) on project JpcEP: Error unpacking file [/Users/bosticco/.m2/repository/com/isomorphic/smartclient/enterprise/smartclient-resources/12.1-p20200711/smartclient-resources-12.1-p20200711.war] to [/Users/bosticco/iscSDK/tools/visualBuilder/wsmvn/JpcEP/target/war/work/com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise/smartclient-resources]
    is it something which requires some fix to the SmartClient overlays? I've got some overlay made by me and those seem to work.

About the isc-maven-plugin and the SmartClient overlays, I think that a nice to have feature would be the possibility to exclude some skins when installing.

Comment

Thanks for the report. The overlay built by the Isomorphic plugin is indeed incompatible with the Plexus libraries used by later versions of the Maven WAR Plugin. A 1.4.6-SNAPSHOT version of isc-maven-plugin should resolve it until 1.4.6 is released.

As for excluding skins, you can just use standard overlay configuration. e.g.,

Code:
      <plugin>
          <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
          <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>3.2.1</version>
          <configuration>
              <overlays>
                  <overlay>
                      <groupId>com.isomorphic.smartclient.eval</groupId>
                      <artifactId>smartclient-resources</artifactId>
                      <excludes>
                          <exclude>isomorphic/skins/**</exclude>
                      </excludes>
                  </overlay>
                  <overlay>
                      <includes>
                          <include>isomorphic/skins/Tahoe/**</include>
                      </includes>
                  </overlay>
              </overlays>
          </configuration>
      </plugin>

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
        Thanks for the report. The overlay built by the Isomorphic plugin is indeed incompatible with the Plexus libraries used by later versions of the Maven WAR Plugin. A 1.4.6-SNAPSHOT version of isc-maven-plugin should resolve it until 1.4.6 is released.
        Hello, I've added this profile in the maven's settings.xml:
        Code:
              <profile>
                <id>isc</id>
                <properties>
                    <product>SMARTCLIENT</product>
                    <license>ENTERPRISE</license>
                    <buildNumber>12.1-p20200711</buildNumber>
                    <workdir>/users/bosticco/downloads/isomorphic</workdir>
                    <repositoryId>repository-manager</repositoryId>
                    <repositoryUrl>http://nexus.corp.int/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty/</repositoryUrl>
                </properties>
                <pluginRepositories>
                     <pluginRepository>
                        <id>sonatype-snapshots</id>
                        <name>Sonatype Release Snapshots</name>
                        <releases>
                            <enabled>false</enabled>
                        </releases>
                        <snapshots>
                            <enabled>true</enabled>
                        </snapshots>
                        <url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/</url>
                        <layout>default</layout>
                    </pluginRepository>
                </pluginRepositories>
            </profile>
        but when I run this command:

Code:
        mvn com.isomorphic:isc-maven-plugin:1.4.6-SNAPSHOT:deploy -Dproduct=SMARTCLIENT -Dlicense=ENTERPRISE -DbuildNumber=12.1p -DbuildDate=2020-07-11 -DincludeMessaging=true -Doverwrite=true
        I get this error:

Code:
        [INFO] Scanning for projects...
        [INFO] 
        [INFO] ---------------------------< com.juve:JpcEP >---------------------------
        [INFO] Building JpcEP Maven Webapp 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT
        [INFO] --------------------------------[ war ]---------------------------------
        [INFO] 
        [INFO] --- isc-maven-plugin:1.4.6-SNAPSHOT:deploy (default-cli) @ JpcEP ---
        [WARNING] The POM for com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-core-rpc:jar:12.1-p20200711 is missing, no dependency information available
        [WARNING] The POM for com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-sql:jar:12.1-p20200711 is missing, no dependency information available
        [WARNING] The POM for com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-hibernate:jar:12.1-p20200711 is missing, no dependency information available
        [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
        [INFO] Total time:  0.606 s
        [INFO] Finished at: 2021-01-05T14:46:35+01:00
        [ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.isomorphic:isc-maven-plugin:1.4.6-SNAPSHOT:deploy (default-cli) on project JpcEP: Execution default-cli of goal com.isomorphic:isc-maven-plugin:1.4.6-SNAPSHOT:deploy failed: Plugin com.isomorphic:isc-maven-plugin:1.4.6-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-core-rpc:jar:12.1-p20200711, com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-sql:jar:12.1-p20200711, com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-hibernate:jar:12.1-p20200711: Failure to find com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-core-rpc:jar:12.1-p20200711 in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
        [ERROR] 
        [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
        [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
        [ERROR] 
        [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
        [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginResolutionException
        am I missing something obvious?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
          As for excluding skins, you can just use standard overlay configuration. e.g.,

Code:
          <plugin>
          <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
          <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>3.2.1</version>
          <configuration>
          <overlays>
          <overlay>
          <excludes>
          <exclude>isomorphic/skins/**</exclude>
          </excludes>
          </overlay>
          <overlay>
          <includes>
          <include>isomorphic/skins/Tahoe/**</include>
          </includes>
          </overlay>
          </overlays>
          </configuration>
          </plugin>
          I've ended up doing that, but I see that the skins are still copied in the target/war/work... folder, and in order to speed up the build, I was looking for a way to avoid this, as I didn't find a way using maven.

Comment

Doesn't look like you're activating the profile including the snapshot repo. Try something like

Code:
            mvn com.isomorphic:isc-maven-plugin:1.4.6-SNAPSHOT:deploy -Pisc -DbuildNumber=12.1p -DbuildDate=2020-07-11 -DincludeMessaging=true

Comment

yes, you're right...but with the profile activated I still get an error:

Code:
              [INFO] Scanning for projects...
              [INFO] 
              [INFO] ---------------------------< com.juve:JpcEP >---------------------------
              [INFO] Building JpcEP Maven Webapp 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT
              [INFO] --------------------------------[ war ]---------------------------------
              [INFO] 
              [INFO] --- isc-maven-plugin:1.4.6-SNAPSHOT:deploy (default-cli) @ JpcEP ---
              Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/isomorphic/smartclient/enterprise/isomorphic-core-rpc/12.1-p20200711/isomorphic-core-rpc-12.1-p20200711.pom
              [WARNING] The POM for com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-core-rpc:jar:12.1-p20200711 is missing, no dependency information available
              Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/isomorphic/smartclient/enterprise/isomorphic-sql/12.1-p20200711/isomorphic-sql-12.1-p20200711.pom
              [WARNING] The POM for com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-sql:jar:12.1-p20200711 is missing, no dependency information available
              [WARNING] The POM for com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-hibernate:jar:12.1-p20200711 is missing, no dependency information available
              Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/isomorphic/smartclient/enterprise/isomorphic-core-rpc/12.1-p20200711/isomorphic-core-rpc-12.1-p20200711.jar
              Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/isomorphic/smartclient/enterprise/isomorphic-sql/12.1-p20200711/isomorphic-sql-12.1-p20200711.jar
              [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
              [INFO] Total time:  2.337 s
              [INFO] Finished at: 2021-01-05T18:12:23+01:00
              [ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.isomorphic:isc-maven-plugin:1.4.6-SNAPSHOT:deploy (default-cli) on project JpcEP: Execution default-cli of goal com.isomorphic:isc-maven-plugin:1.4.6-SNAPSHOT:deploy failed: Plugin com.isomorphic:isc-maven-plugin:1.4.6-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-core-rpc:jar:12.1-p20200711, com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-sql:jar:12.1-p20200711, com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-hibernate:jar:12.1-p20200711: Could not find artifact com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:isomorphic-core-rpc:jar:12.1-p20200711 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]
              [ERROR] 
              [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
              [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
              [ERROR] 
              [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
              [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginResolutionException

Comment

It looks like you might have some project-level or otherwise conflicting configuration that's causing a problem. Try to run the goal from some other directory - one with no project in it, and attach debug (-X) output if you're still having trouble.

Comment

Thank you very much for the suggestion, changing directory did the trick.

Now it's also packaging correctly using maven-war-plugin 3.3.1, there's only a strange warning:

Code:
                  [INFO] Processing overlay [ id com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:smartclient-resources]
                  [WARNING] Unable to expand to file /Users/bosticco/iscSDK/tools/visualBuilder/wsmvn/JpcEP/target/war/work/com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise/smartclient-resources
                  [INFO] Processing overlay [ id com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise:smartclient-tools-resources]
                  [WARNING] Unable to expand to file /Users/bosticco/iscSDK/tools/visualBuilder/wsmvn/JpcEP/target/war/work/com.isomorphic.smartclient.enterprise/smartclient-tools-resources
                  but I see that actually there are all resources in those directories (all skins also :-| )

Comment

Originally posted by claudiobosticco View Post
                    I've ended up doing that, but I see that the skins are still copied in the target/war/work... folder, and in order to speed up the build, I was looking for a way to avoid this, as I didn't find a way using maven.
                    At least, it would be nice to be able to exclude from the download very old skins, or include only flat skins...in the attachment you may see that all skins are copied in the target/war/work folder:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-15 22.36.26.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	264453
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X