Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Migrating from Log4j to Log4j 2

Hello Team,

We are migrating from the log4j to log4j 2 in our application. To use the lookups in the log4j2 we are migrating the log4j2 version.

Is log4j2 is supported to the smart gwt 6.1-p20171121 patch ? If yes could you please provide the steps to migrate the same ?

Currently we are using the log4j 1.2.17 and slf4j-log4j12 1.7.7 in our application.

Please let me know for additional info.

Thanks,
    Vignesh N SE

Yes, sfl4j has been supported for a long time. Please see the Server Logging overview in the SmartClient Reference for how to configure logging.

Comment

Hello Isomorphic,

I went through the below server logging reference. but i couldn't find anything specific to migrate from log4j to log4j2.

https://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt...erLogging.html

I have configured new log4j2.xml file instead of log4j.xml. Do i need to configure log4j.isc.xml as well in log4j2 standard ?

Do i need to load any additional jars to enable the log4j2 in addition to the above jars i have mentioned ?

Thanks,
      Vignesh N SE

Comment

Hi vigneshnse, our product is SmartGWT, not log4j, so for docs on using log4j, you would want to refer to log4j docs. For example, if you just google "apache log4j2 setup", there are various good resources.

Also note, you posted in the SmartClient forum, but you referred to docs from SmartGWT. Please make sure to use the right forum in the future or you may receive answers that differ between the products.

There is no need to start a new thread in the SmartGWT forums now - just use the resources we've indicated. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X