Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to add icon next to Folder Icon in TreeGrid?

Hi,
    I am using Tree Grid and "getOpenIcon" for the "+" icon and that's working great.
    I also need an additional icon (on the root record) like in the attached screenshot.
    I have tried using "ValuesIcon" and that is working great BUT only for the children's record, is there a way of adding the "Warning" icon also to the parent node?
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

You seem like you may want treeGrid.getExtraIcon().

Comment

Hi,
      I need to draw the "warning" icon to the left of the "opener" icon (see attached screenshot).
      getEtraIcon is drawing the icon to the right and not to the left.
      Do we have any other solution?

Comment

Hi,
        Is it possible to add a gap between the following icons (folder and extraIcon)?
        See the attached screenshot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi NF
          TreeGrid cells support showing the following icons:

- potentially some "connector" icons - the dotted lines indicating parent/child relationships - governed by showConnectors / showFullConnectors

- the opener / closer icon (looks like a +/-, only applies to folders) - governed by showOpener / alwaysShowOpener / openerImage / getOpenIcon() etc

- an "extra" icon which may be picked up via a custom "getExtraIcon()" implementation. This is also used to display the checkbox in grids with selectionAppearance:"checkbox".

- the folder / node icon - governed by showFolderIcons / folderIcon and showNodeIcons / nodeIcon, or for custom icons driven by data, the customIconProperty

Padding between the extra icon and the folder icon is governed by the "extraIconGap" property, and padding between the folder icon and content is governed by the "iconPadding" property [and related folder/node specific variants]

We don't support changing the order of the icons per se, but you could of course specify custom media so the "folder" icon looks like a "+" and the opener looks like a warning indicator, etc.

There isn't currently a specific property to govern padding between the opener icon and the "extra" icon, but if you can't achieve your desired appearance with the default icons, you could potentially write icons into the cell, possibly using the valueIcons system, or by simply writing out a formatted cellValue including some icons' HTML.

Let us know if you're still stuck on this

Thanks
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
          X