Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Some quick questions about ListGrid

We have a few tickets open in our Jira system and I was hoping verify what I think the answers are so I can close them out.

1. Summary column formatting. I am assuming that summary columns are formatted as type string. We have another column that comes from the database as an int (0 or 1), and we force the type to boolean so the checkboxes show up in the grid. If a user creates a summary column with only this checkbox column, it shows up as a 0 or 1. I am assuming this is correct behavior since its using the underlying data and does not inherit the type of the column since normally you add multiple columns

2. canHilite - how can I remove a field from the list of fields to show in the hilite editor? I tried field.canHilite=false, but that does not remove it.

3. canExport - this works for PDF exports, how do I set a field to not export in the Excel (exportClientData) call?

4. Summary functions - I built a UI to allow a user to create summary functions for the grid. If the user adds the summary functions before grouping, the summary row(s) are displayed. However, if the user groups first, then adds a summary, the grid is not updated with the summary row. if the user ungroups, then groups again, the summary row is there. What method do I need to call to refresh the grid? Redraw and recalculateSummaries is not working.

5. We format decimal places to 2 decimals. However, the filter builder uses the underlying data for its logic. This causes confusion to the user when numbers are very precise. Example, data is 30.0000005, we format to 30.00. User adds filter for <= 30.00. Since underlying data is greater than 30.00, row is not shown. I am fine with this behavior, as it is correct. However, is there any way to show the user that this is happening (much like the little exclamation point in Excel?) I just need to know the answer, which I believe is NO, so I can close out the ticket and document this.

Thanks!

1. Sorry, this is a bit vague as there are summaries available at the row, group, and grid level, as well as a separate notion of a user-created summary column. We're not sure which you mean - modifying an example to show what you mean would be definitive.

2. canHilite means that a field cannot be *targetted* by a hilite. There is currently no way to say that a field cannot be used as part of criteria for a hilite - is that what you were hoping for? Why would this be needed?

3. you can set exportFields via requestProperties

4. Same confusion as #1

5. Not really, since what you're asking for is tantamount to knowing the user's intent..

Comment

Working...
    X