Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Thank you.

That fixed the month picker, but it broke the "today" picker.

My local machine is setup at Taipei time (+08:00), we are Monday August 9th at 10h13 PM.

As in the previous setup, default display time zone on SmartClient is at -05:00 (meaning August 9th at 10h14 AM)

When I click on "today", I would expect August 9th, however, since the fix, I'm getting August 10th.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-09.png
Views:	53
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	266099

Comment

The previous fix is unrelated to this second report - there have been other changes fairly recently, but we're not seeing this problem in testing against the latest 12.0.

With local OS timezone set to Taipei, so local time 22:40, August 9, and SmartClient displayTimezone of -05:00, we see August 9 get selected when we click Today, using your previous sample code. Are you perhaps testing with different code this time?

Comment

Thank you again for the rapid response.

You're quite right - I fired the message too rapidly - I had different results on the clean testbed... My apologies for this.

Here's what I found digging a bit more.

We have initialization code that can be executed before Time.setDefaultDisplayTimezone is called (more on that later).

This is *not* an issue with our production release (using "v12.0p_2021-04-15/Pro Deployment").

It is with "v12.0p_2021-07-06/Pro Deployment" (most likely comes before).

Our initialization routines are doing some date calculation ahead of time - that is before the time zone settings are asynchronously received.

As such, we make calls to `Date.getLogicalDateOnly`, which causes SmartClient to inizalize an internal variable `Date._timezoneOffsetDate`.

When `Time.setDefaultDisplayTimezone` is later set, it keeps using the internal `Date._timezoneOffsetDate` value with the previous offset.

It might be worth considering clearing the internal value when defaultDisplayTimeZone is changed, as it could conceivably be a per-user setting.

I still have to evaluation the implications of changing our initialization sequence to make sure the default display time zone is set first. I need to be sure we would not miss anything.

Ideally, display settings would not impact the data and they could be set independently.

Comment

Hi,

The "Today" button works fine.

I had my wires crossed with another test, it would seem. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you again for the prompt fix on the calendar issue.

Comment

Working...
          X