Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

exportClientData and header spans

Hello, I'm using smartclient 8.3. When exporting listgrid data to excel only first headerSpan is rendered. What I'm missing? As attachment i added screenshot of how rendered listgrid looks and part of exported data in excel. Thanks.

Screenshot: http://s9.postimage.org/nys2nn5nj/bug.png

This is already fixed in patch builds. It was related to Excel choking on certain special characters (%).

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      This is already fixed in patch builds. It was related to Excel choking on certain special characters (%).
      I download latest build "SmartClient_v83p_2013-03-18" and problem still exists

Comment

Double-check that you are actually using the updated server .jars (comparing file size should be enough) and verify you don't have copies of older .jars anywhere on the classpath.

If you still see the issue, maybe Excel is choking on some additional characters where we have not yet worked around the issue. You could try temporarily removing any non-latin and non-alphanumeric characters from the header titles. If that fixes it, you can probably provide a reproducible case by just modifying an existing sample to include the characters that Excel isn't handling.

Comment

The problem appears when header spans and hidden column (showIf:false) is used. It renders well until first hidden column. After hidden collumn, following column headers titles disappears.

Comment

Testing locally with the current 8.3p codebase, we cannot replicate this problem. Can you please verify that the problem is still present with today's 8.3p build, and if so provide us with a standalone example that we can run to reproduce the problem.

Regards,
            Isomorphic Software Support

Comment

Working...
            X