Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartClient server for Node.js not working with postgreSQL

Hi Isomorphic,

I created a simple project to test SmartClient server for Node.js, but cannot make a connection with the database.

The log error is that:
    Code:
    [2021-06-07T23:15:56.443Z] ERROR: smartclient/11600 on DESKTOP-JFF55F8 (c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\srv-log\lib\Log.js:213 in error): Top level error (reqId=4fbcf080-c7e6-11eb-92bb-67
    b7e5e7ef2b, className=IDAProcessor)
    Error: Failed to initialize request
    at c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\smartclient-rpc\lib\RPCManager.js:238:33
    at taskCallback (c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\srv-util\lib\Util.js:102:28)
    at c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\smartclient-rpc\lib\datasource\SQLDataSource.js:1161:24
    at c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\smartclient-rpc\lib\db\ConnectionPool.js:149:20
    Caused by: Error: Task 0 failed
    at taskCallback (c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\srv-util\lib\Util.js:100:29)
    at c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\smartclient-rpc\lib\datasource\SQLDataSource.js:1161:24
    at c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\smartclient-rpc\lib\db\ConnectionPool.js:149:20
    Caused by: Error: Failed to acquire data base connection
    at c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\smartclient-rpc\lib\datasource\SQLDataSource.js:1161:33
    Caused by: TimeoutError: ResourceRequest timed out
    at ResourceRequest._fireTimeout (c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\generic-pool\lib\ResourceRequest.js:62:17)
    at Timeout.bound (c:\src\smartclient-node-server\node_modules\generic-pool\lib\ResourceRequest.js:8:15)
    at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:554:17)
    at processTimers (internal/timers.js:497:7)
    I had to put the project in a private repository at github, since it uses SmartClient 12.1 Power code. (mostly .js files)
    All files and configurations are bundled in there.
    If you guys at Isomorphic think it's fine I could let it be public, or I could share with someone from Isomorphic.

Note this post is a branch from this:
    https://forums.smartclient.com/forum/technical-q-a/244530-announcing-smartclient-server-for-node-js-free-and-open-source?p=265628#post265628
    Node.js (https://nodejs.org/) is a popular server platform that allows coding in JavaScript. By using Node.js in combination with SmartClient, you can use the

This looks like a timeout contacting the SQL database, which probably means the address is wrong or the DB is down, credentials are wrong, or the DB address cannot be resolved from the machine where you are running the Node.js server.

Please let us know if there is a reason to think the node.JS server code is at fault - it’s open source, so of course you can troubleshoot it.

Comment

Working...
    X