Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p Calendar events in day view have a hover that vanishes quickly

Hi Isomorphic,

12.0p Calendar events in day view have a hover that vanishes quickly. The vanishing does not happen in 13.0d.
    In general I'd argue that in a day view events don't need hovers, as there is enough screen real estate available to them. Perhaps it is possible to show them only if the content is not fully visible?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Event hover vanishes.gif
Views:	163
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	266348

Best regards
    Blama

We've modified Calendar-hover logic so that EventCanvases will only show a hover, by default, if their content is clipped - this applies to all views (most easily tested by overlapping a few Timeline events in a single lane).

You can restore the old behavior of always showing hovers for EventCanvases by setting Calendar.alwaysShowEventHovers to true.

We haven't addressed the other minor issue, where the hover only shows briefly when the mouse is over the outer-canvas, and disappears once the mouse is over the bodyLabel - it's not a problem in Calendar code, but something deeper in the framework, and it doesn't happen in 12.1 or 13.0. We can look again if it becomes an issue for you but, for now, we're unlikely to spend much time tracking this one down.

You can test the changes we *did* make in a build dated September 3 or later.

Comment

Note that these changes didn't make it into the build queue in time for today's builds, but they're in now, for tomorrow's builds.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see the changes in today's 12.0p+ and think the default is very sensible.
        The hover issue is also no issue for me, as I'm not using Calendar.
        W.r.t. the hover: You now show it when there is vertical clipping. It does not happen yet for horizontal clipping:

Click image for larger version

Name:	No Hover when horizontal clipping.gif
Views:	95
Size:	430.6 KB
ID:	266391

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Well spotted :) We'll fix this one today as well.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this is still open using v12.0p_2021-09-16/v12.1p_2021-09-17.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

We've fixed this one back to 12.0 for builds dated September 30 and later.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this is working for me in v12.1p_2021-09-30, but throwing JS errors "this.headerBody is undefined" in v12.0p_2021-09-30.

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

That typo was introduced on Wednesday and fixed yesterday, so will be in the next nightly build - however, note that a temporary packager issue may prevent 12.1 and 12.0 from being uploaded today, so you may have to wait for tomorrow's build.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this one is fixed for me in v12.0p_2021-10-02 (and was already before in v12.1p, v13.0d was looking good all the time).

Best regards
                    Blama

Comment

Working...
                    X