Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Different behavior on ComboBoxItem and selectItem - recommendation needed

https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...d=checkboxItem

in the above showcase example, when we open the dropdown of a ComboBoxItem - (name: "bugStatus",), the other components still clickable when i move the mouse to them.
    but when I open the dropdown of a selectItem - (name: "selectItem",), then all other components are not clickable if I don't close the dropdown.

is there any properties I can set in the selectItem to make it have the same behavior as ComboBoxItem?

This is standard behavior of native selects and combos across Windows, MacOS etc so we would not recommend customizing it, as then you will have a component behaving in a non-standard way.

However the property that controls this is pickList.clickMaskMode.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      This is standard behavior of native selects and combos across Windows, MacOS etc so we would not recommend customizing it, as then you will have a component behaving in a non-standard way.

However the property that controls this is pickList.clickMaskMode.
      Thank u and appreciate your timely response.
      yeah, this behavior is fine when browse the page manually, but when comes the automation (selenium)test cases, we can not move to next field because of the picklist is open.

we were on sc 10 and can use below JQuery to send keydown event to close the picklist, but somehow it's not working in the latest version 12.1. Do u have any suggestions on this?

$('body').trigger($.Event('keydown', { keyCode: 9 }));

Comment

We would not recommend changing the behavior of the application during Selenium tests, as that can only lead to false results!

If you want to simulate the end user closing the pickList, just use Selenium to do what the end user does: click somewhere. We would not have expected the hack of sending a keydown to work in any version and there's no need for such a hack.

Comment

Working...
        X