No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Select-Item fetch

Version: v12.1p_2020-05-20/Pro Deployment

Hello Isomorphic,

I'm having some issues trying to figure out how to get a select-item to fetch Dependent on another-select item being changed.

I am trying to get the successor_id select item to update its criteria when the retro_id select_item is changed. As of right now it seems I can't use the getPickListFilterCriteria function outside of the form. Any suggestions on how I should be approaching this?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Attached Files

Hi,

there is a dependent select example in the showcase.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion!

With updating my code to reflect the showcase, when trying to call getValue(retro_id) I am getting the error that it does not exist. Is this because of how I have my dynamicForm Set up? Click image for larger version

Name:	retro_defined.png
Views:	76
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	266666

Just trying to figure this out,

Thanks again,

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Your code is passing a variable retro_ID when in fact the variable is retro_IN

Comment

That wasn't the issue I was having. However I did update that and the former issue I was having was improper use of the getValue() function. Now when trying to call that function on a Select item I'm receiving 17:35:53.706:MUP0:WARN:Log:TypeError: _3.getTrimmedDataPath is not a function. There's not much documentation for what might be causing the error here on the forum so I was wondering if you could help.
          Attached Files

Comment

The ReferenceError you reported previously was definitely due to simply accessing a variable you hadn’t defined (retro_id).

Now your code doesn’t have that problem, but the part you’ve shared basically just matches the approach we show in samples, which works.

The problem must be elsewhere in code we don’t have. See the Debugging overview to understand how you can make it possible to help you.

Comment

Working...
            X