Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

13.0p+ (and 12.0p+) Calendar workday color issue, mainly in Tahoe

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this sample (v13.0p_2022-02-13) and add showWorkday: true.

The "good" workday hours have the same gray background color as the "bad" weekend days. The "bad" workday hours have a white background.
    For the workday hours I'd expect it to be the other way around. This is all Tahoe. Status and Enterprise are different (like 12.0 below), but also do not seem right. I'd expect white for the normal 08:00-17:00 workday:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Workday bad colors 130.PNG
Views:	159
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	267391

It's similar in the same 12.0p sample (v12.0p_2022-02-12) with showWorkday: true, but here you are using white + two gray colors:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Workday bad colors 120.PNG
Views:	183
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	267389

Best regards
    Blama
    Attached Files

hi Blama ,

We've made some changes to restore the styles for the time-column and workDay cells to more like they were in 12.0.

Styling the workDay cells themselves, rather than the cells outside of the workDay, is the documented behavior of this feature, so we can't really reverse it at this point. But we may look at decoupling the styling from the sizing in the future, and/or at a flag to cause non-workDay hours to be automatically disabled, with appropriate styling.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see the change. It's now consistent between the main skins and versions.
      I see your problem with changing documented behaviour. The way it is now is not misleading any more, so should be fine.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Out of interest - if you *did* want to show the workday hours like normal cells, and others as disabled, these extra lines in the existing sample will do that:

Code:
        // make workday hours look like normal hours
        workdayBaseStyle: "calendar",

// and disable all the hours outside of the workday
        shouldDisableDate : function (date) {
            // you'd use the specified workday-hours, here, of course
            if (date.getHours() < 9 || date.getHours() > 16) return true;
            return this.Super("shouldDisableDate", arguments);
        }
        Last edited by Isomorphic; 21 Feb 2022, 10:04.

Comment

Working...
        X