Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p+ stockPriceChartingFS does not always show the same vertical bars

Hi Isomorphic

using this sample (v12.0p_2022-03-10 and newer versions) and certain (you have to try) zoom levels, the vertical month-bars are not always the same when you scroll though time.
    I'd expect that, as the shown period always has the same length.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Zoomable chart.gif Views:	0 Size:	162.0 KB ID:	267547

Best regards
    Blama

By "vertical month-bars" we're guessing you mean the X-axis labels, and you are pointing out that sometimes years and months are shown, and sometimes just years?

By the way, thank you for your work today going through our samples looking for errors. You have caught several, and we have been busily assigning them to various developers.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

yes. I meant the faint gray bars in the graph that come with the X-axis labels, but you are right, the X-axis label itself are missing, too.
      Or that the resolution of the label changes. That would most likely be the correct description.

Yes, that's my secret hobby every now and then :)

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

This should be fixed back to SC 11.1p in today's nightly builds, dated 2022-03-17.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this is looking better IMHO now using (v12.0p_2022-03-19).
          But I noticed a different issue. Sometimes the widths of "timeblocks" are different, see here:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_13292.png Views:	8 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	267627

Tested in FF98 / Win10.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Sorry, we're not following what you mean here. Are you saying that the number of pixels used to represent a month sometimes differs? It would be expected that they might differ by a few pixels due to the total number of pixels not dividing evenly by the number of months.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

yes, that is what I meant. If this was to rounding, the difference should be maximum of 1 pixel IMHO. But perhaps there is another explanation.
              Is the graph always based on days, that all have a certain width depending on the timeframe shown, and then the x-Axis label are added? Then the month of February like in my screenshot is actually expected to be less wide than the month of March, because of 28/31 days.
              If you zoom to show two full years, then the year-width seems to be the same, also making this explanation likely.

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

Very astute. Yes, that's why there is a difference larger than the 1px remainder from rounding. There's simply more data for some months.

Comment

Working...
                X