Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

fetchData criteria when field has customSQL="true"

When applying criteria on fetchData, if the field name of the criteria has customSQL="true" in the datasource file, the criteria does not work. For example, in my datasource file I have a field:
    Code:
    <field name="department_id" type="integer" customSQL="true" canSave="false"></field>
    and when I run: fetchData({department_id: 5}), the returned data is not as expected, it just returns all data without taking into consideration the criteria I passed in the fetchData method.

Is there a way to fix that, maybe add an attribute in the data source field, or in the operation binding.

Using SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2021-05-26/Enterprise Deployment (built 2021-05-26)

Thank you

Please see the docs for customSQL - what you are describing is exactly what it is documented to do, and is the desired effect. If you don’t want this to happen, just remove the attribute.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can't remove the attribute customSQL from the data source field because in my operation binding I am using an alias on that specific field. I use it in the following way:
      Code:
      select ifnull(department_id, 'Undefined') as department_id
      from my_table
      Basically, I am using an alias for the field department_id, with the alias being department_id, as seen in the code above. I hope it makes sense what I am doing there. Anyway, is there a way to keep the customSQL attribute in the data source field and still be able to use that field as criteria in the fetchData() method?

Thank you

Comment

See docs - customSQL turns off all SQL generation for a field. You have other options like customSelectExpression, customCriteriaExpression, etc, or operationBinding.customSelectExpression et al if you want to change things on a per-operation rather than per-field basis.

It looks like, at most, you probably just want customSelectExpression here. Although it also seems as if you are possibly doing things at the wrong layer; if you just want null displayed visually to the user as "Undefined", DataSourceField.emptyDisplayValue accomplishes that, and avoids several possible problems with the client system treating the string "Undefined" as a real value for the field, instead of knowing that the field is in fact null and just displaying "Undefined" for end users.

Comment

Working...
        X