Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

IDACall with empty query string parameter

I am seeing below smart client exception after SmartClient upgrade from 10 to 12.1. When I click on a search action from smartclient page two IDA calls are called as shown below. Highlighted one is with the empty query string parameter throwing a non-rpc ignored exception.

Highly appreciate if you can provide any insight on why it is giving a empty query string.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IDACall_exception.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	564.1 KB
ID:	267638

A colleague of yours has already asked about this and already been given advice on how to approach the problem - see this thread.

Please do not post duplicates and/or start a new thread for the same issue - this wastes the effort of our support team, and you do not appear to be a paying customer, so it's particularly bad to waste community resources with duplicate posts.

Also, please understand that when you say something like "when I click on a search action from smartclient page", you are talking about code in your application, which we don't have. We cannot point out flaws in code we do not have access to, and, at the moment, there is no indication that you have found a flaw in SmartClient.

If you are not familiar enough with the code in your application to see how you would be sending these requests, you can just set breakpoints to see the stack that initiates the request. If you are having trouble with that also, as a further tip, you could turn on logging for RPCManager and other log categories, then use Log.traceLogMessage to be able to see stack traces that will show you where these requests are coming from.

Finally, we do provide an array of services where we can have developers look at your application code and figure out what the problem is. At that point, it doesn't matter whether the problem is in your application code or whether you have found an obscure framework bug. We simply solve it.

Comment

I am one of the developer at Transaction Network services and the thread you have mentioned has two different issues so I started this one. As I mentioned above I am seeing first IDA call with query params and payload for search and getting response and immediately another IDA call triggered with no query params and payload which is causing this issue. I am still debugging from where this call is triggered. Please let me know if you have come across this type of issue.

Comment

Working...
      X