Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.1p meaningless log message / FAQ addition

Hi Isomorphic,

I'm developing a new feature and because of this bug I'm currently using v12.1p_2022-03-16 instead of 12.0p.
    I saw a log message in the Developer Console that I could not explain (I thought it was mine, but I'm pretty sure it's not):

Code:
    15:12:21.431:TMR0:WARN:Log:H is equal to H
    15:12:21.433:TMR0:WARN:Log:H is equal to H
    This happens when I filter in the ListGrid filterRow (Go to the search field of the column, press Enter with an unchanged search expression of "H", resulting in a FilterEditorSubmitEvent).
    When I change it to "Z", this happens:
    Code:
    15:15:17.016:TMR2:WARN:Log:Z is less restrictive than H
    15:15:17.017:TMR2:WARN:Log:Z is less restrictive than H
    15:15:17.039:TMR2:WARN:Log:Z is equal to Z
    I remembered this post of yours and entered this in the Developer Console's "Evaluate JS Expression" box:
    Code:
    Log.traceLogMessage(".*(restrictive|equal).*")
    This is a pretty cool feature to debug and I think would be a great addition to the SmartClient FAQ / SmartGWT FAQ, as there are not many hits when searching the forum for "traceLogMessage". Anyway, this is what I get now as a trace when I switch from "H" to "Z":
    Code:
    15:21:10.892:TMR4:WARN:Log:traceLogMessage(): pattern '/.*(restrictive|equal).*/i' matched, stack trace:

compareCriteria(_90=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _91=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _92=>Obj{ID:iContainsPattern}, _93=>[DataSource ID:V_LEAD_MANAGEMENT])
        DataSource.compareAdvancedCriteria(_1=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _2=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _3=>undef)
        anonymous(_90=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _91=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _92=>Obj{ID:and}, _93=>[DataSource ID:V_LEAD_MANAGEMENT])
        ** recursed on DataSource.compareAdvancedCriteria

15:21:10.892:TMR4:WARN:Log:Z is less restrictive than H
    15:21:10.895:TMR4:WARN:Log:traceLogMessage(): pattern '/.*(restrictive|equal).*/i' matched, stack trace:

compareCriteria(_90=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _91=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _92=>Obj{ID:iContainsPattern}, _93=>[DataSource ID:V_LEAD_MANAGEMENT])
        DataSource.compareAdvancedCriteria(_1=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _2=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _3=>undef)
        anonymous(_90=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _91=>Obj{_constructor:AdvancedCriteria}, _92=>Obj{ID:and}, _93=>[DataSource ID:V_LEAD_MANAGEMENT])

15:21:10.894:TMR4:WARN:Log:Z is less restrictive than H
    15:21:10.911:TMR4:WARN:Log:traceLogMessage(): pattern '/.*(restrictive|equal).*/i' matched, stack trace:

15:21:10.910:TMR4:WARN:Log:Z is equal to Z
    Does this help you?

Best regards
    Blama
    Last edited by Blama; 8 Apr 2022, 05:28.

Thanks for the report - this was a result of a test-flag that left logging active in an internal DS method, in this particular branch - we've fixed it for tomorrow's builds.

We're still looking at the issues with implicitCriteria, and improving the docs in that area - we'll update that thread when it's all fixed.

Comment

Working...
    X